Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My Goals as an Artist

Okay so I didn't go to college. I didn't get a degree. Is that a crime? I am a decent writer I believe. It's just that one piece of paper, the diploma keeping me from what? Fame, fortune? I am a proud self-taught artist. Sure I could've attended college way back when my father offered to pay  for proper schooling for me, but I refused. I didn't want anything to do with school after high school, just relieved that high school had ended and I was free to do whatever I wanted. So obviously that opportunity never ended up coming back around so here I am a self-taught artist. I understand now that I should've took that opportunity when it was presented to me but what can I do now, can't afford it, blah blah blah, that sound's like a bunch of crap right? I've tried financial aid but I believe my dad makes too much money for that to be available to me, so now what?

I have certain goals as an artist. I realize that if I submit myself to a magazine, the person with the college degree will more than likely get featured before me, but I have specific goals as an artist and they are as follows:

  • Attend an art class, once and for all!
  • Create pieces from my belief system (mayan, buddha, healing, reiki)
  • Connect with the public about art and healing.
  • Start a blog talk radio program about these practices mentioned above.
  • Implement the feedback back into my works of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment