Saturday, June 22, 2013

A Tribute to Bob Dylan's Desolation Row

According to my dad, a lot of stuff about life and the way the world works can be revealed through the beautiful lyrics of Bob Dylan's Desolation Row Song. The Highway 61 Revisited album debuted in 1966 and this song is one of my dad's favorites. I thought I'd do a painting for my old man with a tribute to the famous song dad would always use to explain stuff to us. I thought that was pretty clever and so I've decided to paint about it. Here is what I have so far since I'm making it my own abstract version of the song and it's original artwork made for the song.

 

I printed out the lyrics and feel I need to incorporate just a few things from the words. First I will put in a rainbow shown above to the right, I will use the buildings and draw in the ambulances, maybe the ship, definitely Cinderella and romeo and of course the tents/circus, last but not least the moon and a pretty set of clouds set at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment