Thursday, June 6, 2013

Some New Ideas (from an old friend)

I recently looked toward my bookshelf for some inspiration and discovered a lot more than I thought I actually had there. I have this book about Bob Dylan's song meanings from 1962 - 1969 and there I found the song "Desolation Row". One of my dad's favorites. He used to explain things to me, not in a normal way like honey....you can't let nobody push you around, you have to stand for something in this life or you'll fall for anything. No, I didn't get those kinda talks on the way to school. It was always some reference to a Bob Dylan song which I couldn't figure out for the life of me. I'd walk into school thinking what the heck is Desolation Row and what does that mean to me???? Luckily I picked up a book about it recently and loved it! So my next painting will be inspired by the ever so brilliant song by Bob Dylan released in 1965 from Highway 61 revisited and there will be sex-fearing Ophelia there and of course the jealous monk plus the whole crew! Can't wait. It's going to be fun!!!! Here's an example:

By the way....I was just pondering this thought in my head. I love this blogging thing because it really shows me as an artist, and a person and above all it explains all that I've went through from the beginning of my art career. I think I've developed from nothing into something. It gives me great pleasure myself even to read about how I've grown up through the years. My progress year after year, even if my progress isn't the fastest, it's still mine and I'm so glad to be able to share what I learn and what I want to express to the world in such a profound and genuine way everyday. Thanks again for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment