Monday, June 10, 2013

The New Works

I have been working on these new paintings for the last week now, just giving an update:


The blue/orange/black painting I'm almost positive represents me and my alter ego. I don't really plan this stuff out too much so I just go along with what I'm usually feeling at the moment. 

My process started with acrylic paint for the background and I then I drew in the girls in pencil and outlined and colored in with paint markers.

This painting began a while back and has changed drastically since. I added the young girl in with an abstract body as to relate to the fact that at times when i was an adolescent I wished I wasn't so developed so boys wouldn't look at me, funny how it comes out now in my paintings. and then there are mostly just abstract shapes and forms to go around the girl.

My process started out again with acrylic paint for the background and then I went in with oil based paint marker for most of the black that you see in the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment