Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Thoughts of the Day

A little history about Synchronic Art, Inc.

The incorporated became apart of my business title there back in June 2012. I felt that was the best way to go in terms of the business side of things. Going back a little further, I wanted to explain to my viewers a little bit about my past, myself and my artwork today.

The Past: I've put myself through a lot of bad situations and a lot hurdles I've had to jump along the way to get to where I'm at today. Self-defeating practices and too much of the good life so to speak put me in a position where for a while there I wasn't sure how i was going to get out of. One day in 2010 I told myself that my artwork was going to have to be shown to the world and signed up for my first art show at the Sugar and Art Fashion Show in Los Angeles, CA. Exciting and nerve racking not knowing what to expect, it was a bizarre event which i wouldn't have had it any other way, I loved it. I was hooked.

The Present: I've been in studio for the last year and half creating canvas pieces, drawings, digital artwork and whatever creative thing i feel is all done here in my studio/garage. Hey, some of us can't afford a real place. It works for me and I love being here in the place I grew up (grandma's house). My poor grandma had to go to a home last year after one too many spills went down. I miss her so much and appreciate I get to do my work here at her abode. Since 2010 I've done numerous shows and plan on moving my artwork that I've created over the past year into a venue of permanence hopefully soon. I'm kinda getting tired of looking at them all stacked up in the corner, it's as if they are calling me out...Adrianne take us to get sold please :) So that is the plan.

The Future: Like I said all of the pieces that I've completed in the last year and a half are all here in studio ready for the world, I have most of them posted on my website for sale here: http://synchronicart.com , my main goal would be to have all my work at an art fair that is affordable. I looked into Crafted PortofLA but unfortunately I didn't feel comfortable getting into a situation that I wasn't really sure about, and since they require a 6 month lease that was also another reason why I got cold feet at the last minute. The Long Beach Artwalk is always there and waiting for me and my artwork to arrive there soon hopefully. Everything (equipment) is so expensive and yes I am a starving artist for real! It's all in the works and some how or another I know I can swing it. So stay tuned and in the meantime enjoy the pieces of artwork that I post frequently to my facebook page here: http://facebook.com/synchronicart.

No comments:

Post a Comment