Friday, March 1, 2019

I've been a practicing deejay for the past 12 years.

Yes you read right, I've been practicing deejaying for the past 12 years. Recently, my craft took a leap and bound and got me to this point. Where I'm at today with deejay mixing is simple. I love to share music and discoveries with other people who have the same taste in music as I do. Bottom line really. I'm not really trying to do anything too fancy with it. I wouldn't mind working at a chill and very dim club or bar, that would be sweet. I recently also reached out to DJ Seano of Soundwaves Radio on 90.7 kpfk fm....basically.....I'm working on a mix to send to him and then he will be airing sometime in April, so that's a big deal, right!? I have many many new feelings that are firing off by the minute lately, however, I will try to stay on subject here and now for yours and my sake, lol. Okay....so this deejay thing....I kinda had it up my sleeve for the past 12 years but yet no not really.....close friends knew that that was my hobby....but I had gave it break for like 3 years from 2014-2017 so there was that also. The early days were rough meaning painful on the ears. My ear became trained over the years and my music library grew so when I picked it back up last year I was ready with lots of music I had discovered in the past 4 years that also I just sat on for those 3 years until last year. So last year I encountered a life change and career and residential change all at once and then found myself in my own apartment by myself. I began to use my Virtual DJ program more often than not. I really had a great reason to mix because at the time I was going to many dance clubs and concerts and of course what would we listen to on the ride to out of town where these things take place, lol? Well??? LOL, no it's always been a passion of mine to play music on turntables.....I had sucked before, like really sucked...genuinely I thought I would always be average with it and not totally get it. I was going to say miraculously but no diligently I pressed on with it and picking it back up as the mature responsible woman I've become somehow managed to get good at freakin' deejaying! It's on and crackin' now.


No comments:

Post a Comment